Ticker

8/recent/ticker-posts

A Question that we must answer

 A poor man from Pakistan asked me a simple question but I remained silent. This poor man asked me, "Sir, can you tell me that the Ministry of Finance has changed and now inflation will come down?"

After asking the question, the man started smiling at me. He was expecting something better from me and was looking at me. Instead of answering, my eyes were on the TV screen. I was wondering what to answer him? I have known this person for 25 years.

He was actually a retired soldier so after retirement he got a job as a peon in a government agency. He started teaching his children in a government school and also worked in different houses in the evenings to meet his expenses. He also worked at my house and was trying to educate his two daughters with his hard earned money.

He also has two more children who are studying. When he retired from government service last year, he came to me asking for a favor for his daughter's job. His daughter could not find a job due to the conditions caused by the coronavirus.

He often told me what the price of potatoes, onions and tomatoes was six months ago and what it is now. When he met me yesterday, he started shouting like a child without greetings and in Punjabi accent he started calling the inflation bad.

He started asking me, "Sir, some will save my life from this trouble? because now the Minister of Finance has also changed." When he repeated his question three times, I told him that the Ministry of Finance has changed, but our situation will not . The man began to ask what would happen to us in Ramadan. I was silent again. He answered his own question and said that Ramadan has not started yet and everything has become expensive.

The man was talking but I did not understand. It seemed that there were many more voices in his voice and there was a lot of noise around me. In the month of Ramadan, most Muslims in Pakistan join the race to make maximum profit instead of maximum worship. Then it is the Muslims who kill the Muslims in a way that even non-Muslims could not do. Countless poor people like this man are afraid of their own future. When the new finance minister doesn't turn out well for them, they'll curse him too.

Faces seem to change, but things don't. I don't know when the time will come when the Muslims of Pakistan will know that serving others is the real worship. In their greed for more profit, Pakistani Muslims have forgotten that they have to answer to Allah one day. How strange that the government is unable to provide facilities to a poor fasting person.

We have no hope from the government but a poor person in the society can come to the support of another person. So it's time to support each other.

Champs Write shared this article only for caring purposes.

Post a Comment

0 Comments